Home Care Worker – £9.73 an hour – Moneymore, County Derry / Londonderry
Are you looking for a rewarding role as a care giver? A local nursing care consultancy has an opportunity for a Home Care Worker to provide high quality care to a severely disabled gentleman in his own home in the Moneymore area, County Derry / Londonderry.
The successful candidate will join a team of carers who will work together on a shift rotational basis to provide 24-hour care to a gentleman who has severe physical and mental disabilities.
The key responsibilities of a Home Care Worker include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Care: Assist with personal care including showering, oral hygiene, shaving, dressing /undressing and all aspects of personal grooming; Assist with toileting and the management of incontinence; Assist with mobility and transfers using correctly any specialised equipment; Administer prescribed medication, as directed.
- Domestic Care: Undertake domestic duties within the home as directed by the mother or the Team Leader, such as preparing meals, cleaning, attending to laundry, and ensuring a safe and hygienic environment.
- Social Care: Talking / socialising with the client.
The key skills and qualities of a Home Care Worker:
- The successful candidate will be naturally compassionate; possessing the communications skills and manner needed to provide emotional and psychological support.
- Excellent time-keeping and reliability; good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene and smart appearance; good stamina and fitness levels to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Key requirements: the candidate must meet regulatory training standards; obtain a satisfactory criminal record check; evidence that your name is not listed as barred from working with vulnerable people.
- Desirable but not essential as full training will be provided: a relevant care and/or health qualification; previous experience as a care assistant; ability to recognise abuse and safeguarding procedures; working knowledge of health and safety matters relating to home care.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking team and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.