Procurement Manager – Competitive – UK (remote)
This is a remote/home based role and candidates can be considered nationwide
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking for a Procurement Manager to negotiate and manage key UK strategic procurement deals.
The successful candidate will also monitor the compliance and delivery of divisions, in line with procurement key performance indicators.
The key responsibilities of a Procurement Manager include, but are not limited to:
- To review category, spend and develop a business case for strategic procurement opportunities for SPIE UK
- To manage the end to end tender procurement tender process for strategic category deals for SPIE UK, working with key stakeholders to ensure buy-in across the business
- To negotiate and manage strategic category deals to optimise procurement performance
- To assist the Tender and Operational teams where appropriate (including attendance at CRB meetings) to ensure a robust, competitive, and achievable prime cost is established and delivered.
- To monitor total UK rebate, spend and forecast recovery against targets and actively support recovery of associated monies in a timely manner; To provide central coordination and optimise procurement of office utility providers. To also include business support for consolidation of CO2 and green-energy data
The key skills and qualities of a Procurement Manager:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrable Procurement Management Experience, with previous involvement in change management and transformation initiatives.
- Proven experience of management of direct procurement staff, including personal development plans and training improvements.
- Demonstrable ability to develop, manage and deliver complex portfolios of Procurement contracts.
- Demonstrable ability to engage and influence behaviours of both Senior Management and Business teams; Ability to overcome resistance to change and take on difficult conversations.
- Demonstrable ability to identify, manage and deploy category portfolios and strategies, alongside delivering cost down initiatives that provide tangible and quantifiable benefits and process and efficiency improvements.
- A strategic thinker, with a pragmatic approach to solve issues and deliver tangible results.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well as part of a team and a commitment to personal and professional success.
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK’s Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.