Purchasing Agent – Competitive – Hauppauge, NY
Do you have a minimum of 3-years’ experience in purchasing/costing supply chain within pharmaceutical industry?
If so, American Health Formulations, a fast-growing nutraceutical company, are looking for a Purchasing Agent to perform the daily activities and functions related to products and projects sourcing, ordering, bids, requisitions and the development of supplier’s database and system.
The key responsibilities of a Purchasing Agent include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare purchase orders (qualified vendors only) through SAP system, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for all department projects.
- Ensuring that the full set of documents are in place after purchasing orders are placed.
- Setting vendor master lists.
- Researching and evaluating suppliers based on price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, terms capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Ensure all actions in area of responsibility are conducted as per FDA cGMP’s and regulations from other government agencies such as OSHA, EPA, DEA, etc.
American Health Formulations are a fast-growing nutraceutical company. We focus on the distribution, research development, and manufacturing of diverse natural, organic and niche ingredients.
As a premier contract manufacturer of Nutraceuticals, Dietary Supplements and OTC products dedicated to making ideas a reality, we work with the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, and cosmetic industries. We are also FDA registered, and operate under NSF cGMP certified guidelines.
The key skills and qualities of a Purchasing Agent:
- BS Degree preferred.
- 5-years’ experience in the purchasing and quality, costing of supplements and/or pharmaceutical products, raw materials and supplies may be substituted for a BA degree; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of 3-years’ experience in purchasing/costing supply chain within pharmaceutical industry.
- Trained in general safety, SOP, cGMP, Safety and HACCP, general pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging procedures and documentation.
- Proficient in SAP system, Email blast, Database, Microsoft office, Word, and Excel Spreadsheets.
- PC skills with Search Engine and Google products and vendor skills to quickly solve the sourcing problems.
- High level of organization and good written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of ingredients and finished products, manufacturing process procedures and R&D formulation and process development, creation of spreadsheets, managing projects files and records, vendor database and system build up.
- Ability to speak/read/write fluently in English; Chinese/Mandarin is a big plus
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.