Mechanical Estimator – Competitive – Billingham
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking for a Mechanical Estimator on a 12-month fixed-term contract to provide and take the lead estimating and costing duties for a new project.
The successful candidate will fully integrate with the Navis model and Plant 3D model in order to extract quantities for pricing.
The key responsibilities of a Mechanical Estimator include, but are not limited to:
- Provide and take the lead mechanical estimating and costing duties on this new project
- To interrogate a Plant 3D model to obtain the Bill of Materials.
- To populate a manual, take off with agreed Schedule of Rates create a take-off from a plant P&ID or process isometric.
- Produce costings using Contract Master with clarity on itemised prime costs and applied markups and margin.
- Preparation of RFIs to ensure clients’ requirements are clarified and achieved.
The key skills and qualities of a Mechanical Estimator:
- Your mechanical services design duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Steam, Clean Steam, Pure Steam
- Purified Water
- Process Air, Instrument Air
- Acid & Caustic transfer
- Exotic piping materials
- Effluent, Drainage transfer
- HVAC head end plant, distribution and terminals
- Ductwork with ancillaries
- DHW, CWS, CHW, LTHW generation and distribution
- Engineering qualification to HNC level as a minimum
- Conversant with a wide range of mechanical building service systems and equipment
- Building Management Systems and associated principles
- IT literate with a technical understanding of IT packages relevant to the role, mainly Navisworks, Plant 3D & Contract Master
- You will be highly organised with a keen eye for detail and take a methodical and planned approach
- Experience of creating a fully costed itemised estimate with an understanding of markup and margin
- Knowledge of all preliminaries and able to verify against industry standards and previous successful rates
- High level of self-motivation, organisational ability, and drive to meet deadlines
- Bid management skills to produce a complete tender return package with appendices
- Knowledge of BMS and EMS systems, metering, and networking
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK’s Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.