HR Admin and Welfare Officer – £28,500 p/a + Benefits – London, UK
We are a highly successful commercial laundry in North London seeking a HR Admin and Welfare Officer. As our officer, you would be primarily responsible for hiring, developing and looking after our employees. If you have experience in recruitment; and are an energetic, hardworking, fast learning individual who will do whatever it takes to get the job done, we would like to hear more from you.
The key responsibilities of a HR Admin and Welfare Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the entire recruitment process for staff within the organisation
- Ensure candidates have the right to work and are compliant with UK rules
- Advising employees on company employment policies and procedures
- Overseeing new employee inductions and Health and Safety Assessments with the support of line managers
- Preparing new personnel documents for sign off by GM and filling
- Preparing and completing templated contracts of employment for staff
- Compiling weekly payroll summary sheet, ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time
- Advising on pensions benefits and administration of same
- Providing support to line managers and supervisors in engaging new employees
- Supporting supervisors in the management of effective employee relations.
- Developing and promoting initiatives to improve employee engagement and communication within the organisation
- Looking after the welfare of all employees, assisting and advising where possible
- Managing any HR projects from the planning stage to delivery
- Covering other absent office staff positions as maybe required from time to time
Empire Laundry is a market leader specialising in providing laundry services for hotels, restaurants and laundry retailers in London. We pride ourselves in supplying our clients with bespoke linen hire solutions and high-tech laundry services. Where the linen and laundry service quality is of paramount importance to your business, come and talk to us for a first-rate laundry solution.
The benefits of being a HR Admin and Welfare Officer are:
- Competitive salary + pension scheme
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Full training provided in a great working environment with modern offices
The key skills and qualities of a HR Admin and Welfare Officer:
- An enthusiastic and proactive individual, ideally with recruitment experience, with the ability to problem solve while working under pressure and devise workable solutions
- Must be computer literate and fluent in English; knowledge of other languages (Romanian, Polish, Hungarian) is advantageous
- Numerate and accurate in the preparation of payroll spreadsheets
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation
- Flexible and willing to adaptable to change in a very fast paced environment
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.